Elections in UP, Himachal, Punjab, Uttrakhand and some other states are due early next year. Thus we can hear beatles, frogs and hissing of reptiles in the environment to indicate political environment.
Party swapping is the most favorite activity of our politicians. They come out like cockroaches from gutters, whenever elections are around. In the guise of secularism, they form new electoral alliance to grab power. The most common element they share is being anti Hindu under the excuse of secularism and above all self-preservation. They are open to compromise on every thing for the sake of power. They remain busy cutting each others’ roots and can be willing to support each other for clinging to power.
From who is who in our politics, one has to identify who is the worse of the any two being compared.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav was a wrestler but turned politician. He aspires Prime Minister Ship, but is short-sighted and canot look beyond UP politics. His war cry is “Hulla Bol” and that sums up his personality, competence, and style of functioning. He has founded several political parties and groups within political parties and claims to be the patriarch of Muslims and Yadav clan together. Given an option, he will like to be a two in one – Prime minister of India and Chief Minister of UP simultaneously! He is backwardness personified. Though he observed a token protest outside the Parliament against corruption, but has been pledging his all out support to UPA Government in case the opposition tried to dislodge the Government on the issue of corruption. He is hopeful that the cases of corruption and disproportionate assets pending against him would be overlooked in return.
- Laloo Prasad Yadav is a political jester, on the foot steps of his like – Late Raj Narayan. Involvement in scams and a large family have been his most talked about political credential. His rustic and obnoxious mannerisms are enough to keep him in focus in media. He is a living example of abrasiveness, obstinacy and nepotism in public, without remorse. Except for fair complexion there is no difference in his attributes when compared with Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- HD Devegowda chanced to be prime minister once upon time just by stroke of luck. That made him over-estimate his potential and he started viewing him to be suitable for the post of Prime Minister in every season. Though he has spent his political life in engineering defections and party splitting, his departure or return to politics does not make any impact anywhere. Except his body mass, there is nothing to signify his political existence. His reliability and out-put are Zero.
- IK Gujral was kicked out from Congress by late Sanjay Gandhi during seventies of the past century. He is a loner in political crowd and cannot enter any elected institution through general election. By default he also occupied the chair of Prime Minister, but he remained a piece of political dead-wood throughout. Still he is on look out for crèches to walk on political ground. His contribution was zero although he invented some Gujral Doctrine yet to be deciphered.
- Sharad Pawar does not need words to describe him. His face is his index and reliability is zero. He is licking his political wounds inflicted by Sonia Gandhi when she kicked him out of Congress with Lock – stock and barrel. He wags his head whenever Sonia smiles at his deeds. Looking at him one is likely to exclaim the greatness of God and His Justice.
- Ram Vilas Paswan was a product of emergency. He considers himself to be a messiah for Dalits and big brother for Muslims. He continues nourishing his vote bank through soaps to reach the office of Prime Minister. His priorities are to remain in power, and also in the news. He is ahead of others to leave sinking ships in politics whenever the time comes. He is a fork- tounged politicians who can hiss different messages in India and abroad.
- N Chandrababu Naidu is like Macbeth in Indian politics. He revolted against his father in law, usurped his political outfit and legacy. He emerged king-maker during coalition politics, but now he is trying hard to re-anchor himself in Andhra Pradesh only. Though he heads a regional party, he collaborates globally and swears by secularism to appease his Hyderabadi Muslim vote bank. He is an expert in changing sides and can go to any extent in pursuit of his ambition. Of all the opportunist leaders he supports an Ionian image of obsolete hardware.
- M Karunanidhi & J Jayalalitha, are toggle switches in power politics of Tamil Nadu. While one is up to rule, the other is down. Both have been acting as political gang lords for many decades and share many similarities in their attributes and styles of functioning. Both continue trading charges of corruption against each and get away. Both remain poles apart, and change sides almost in rotation without remorse and principles. Either of them is always ready to support the party in power at the Centre provided pounds of flesh are offered in return.
- Abdullahs, inherited chief Minister ship of Jammu and Kashmir from their fore father even in twentieth century. Their generations align with the political party ruling at Delhi and remain critical of the central government even at international forums, to project themselves as autonomous rulers. They regard the state of Jammu and Kashmir as family fiefdom. No one is to question their secular or national credentials since the family has been enjoying political immunity under article 370 with the blessings of Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Ajit Singh stepped into the shoes of his father in letter and spirit. He has been following the footsteps of Chowdhary Charan Singh, who was himself a veteran defector. He can be found aligning with any cause, party, or an individual, as long as he can be assured of Cabinet berth. He has mastered the art of political survival and bargaining. He projects himself to be the only savior of farmers. He has life long desire to have a new state Harit Pradesh carved out of UP with Baghpat as its capital.
- Mamta Banerjee used to roar on streets and shriek in Parliament like a mauled West Bengal tigress but actually she is not more than a cornered cat all the time purring at everyone who closed on to her. She had her following in assorted leaderless mobs fed on populous slogans and managed to reach her life time goal to occupy the office of Chief Minister. She is the most unreliable and unpredictable politician. She has climbed the crest and her fall from the crest is yet to be seen.
- Manmohan Singh is a spineless living being to surprise medical fraternity. He is being used like earthworms used by foreigners to fish in India. He has the distinction of heading the most corrupt government in India. This political satellite was put in the orbit by Sonia Gandhi. As he has outlived awaiting to be replaced by her son as soon as he attained maturity.
All of them are the creations of the media. Their existence is known when they make some utterance or start some agitation; otherwise, no one cares about their whereabouts. They seldom adopt any scientific or democratic approach towards problem solving. In the name of social justice, all of them are living at tax payers cost. Countrymen need to evaluate their past profile and decide that:
- Do such people have the capability to make India stand in global competition?
- Aren’t there other professionals to solve the country’s problems?
- Why have we left resources of the country at their disposal to retard progress?
- Can’t we afford their exit from political scene for ever now?
One thing is certain – Our country will be better managed if at least it is disinfected of above politicians at the first available election opportunity.
Chand K Sharma